Do you find your brain tries to sabotage you sometimes, and distracts you from getting things done? It’s just unfair. Here are a few strategies, thought exercises, and habits that get you past mental roadblocks and back to productivity.
TEN PROCRASTINATION KILLERS
10. Pick Good music to listen to while you work.
9. Use Minor Distractions (clean your desk, stretch PRODUCTIVE) to Fend Off Big Distractions (Facebook, viral videos etc NON PRODUCTIVE)
8. Set a Timer and GO GO GO until your beeper goes off
7. Act like you’re excited about your project
6. Make achievable goals and to do lists.
5. DO NOT check your email in the first hour of your day (they will call you if it’s an emergency)
4. Make personal constraints
3. Move quick on new skills, don’t wait until you know everything to start something.
2. Have a status board of some kind (agenda, bulletin board, phone…)
1. Don’t be afraid to fail, learn as you go, and just keep at it!