How to Make and Apply a Protein Treatment for Your Hair at Home
Once upon a time, I wanted to touch up my roots. I went to the salon and they thought “natural blonde highlights” meant brunette (see photo 1). Furious, I asked them to fix this; it turned red (see photo 2). REALLY mad, I went back again the next day; finally I was back to blonde, however, 3 hair dyes in 1.5 days #HAIRFAIL.
This left me with over processed and damaged hair. My hair is lacking some serious protein. I did this treatment today (with things in your house). My hair feels a million times better already :)
It’s super simple:
1. You will need 1 egg + 1tbs of olive oil. Double, triple or quadruple this depending on your length and/or thickness of your hair.
2. Beat these together. Yep a fork works well.
3. Put an old towel on your shoulder, section hair, and apply LIBERALLY; you can always make more mixture if you run out. Cover everywhere. Seriously, no stragglers.
4. Leave in hair for 30min to an hour. DO NOT COVER IT WITH A CAP OR TOWEL and DO NOT APPLY HEAT - you don’t want to be picking fried egg out of your hair. Your hair will become hard - THIS IS A-OKAY :)
5. Times up - rinse with lukewarm water.
6. VERY IMPORTANT STEP: Apply a moisturizing conditioner, and leave it in for 30min; this time cover it with a plastic cap.
7. Rinse and style
Please share your tips, and let me know if this worked for you.